Monday, December 19, 2005

To Heart 2 (ep 4)

Episode 4 of To Heart Deux is out, and it's another good episode, focusing on Manaka's friend Yuma this time. I like Yuma because she's filthy rich, but doesn't act like it at all. If anything, she comes across as kind of a hothead, versus the anime ojou-sama stereotype you normally see. I kept thinking at any moment she was going to burst into the ojou-sama laugh (think Ayaka from Negima, Ayeka from Tenchi, and probably a billion other examples I can't think of right now) but she didn't. To Yuma's credit, she acts normal and down to earth, although she can be a little irrational.

For example: let's say you're late to school, so you're on your bicycle doing Mach five-point-three. Someone's unfortunate enough to be in your path and you smash into them with your bike. Later that day that same person hits a home run and the ball nails a water nozzle and drenches you. After that, your grandfather comes to pick you up from school. You could call that karma maybe, but nooo, to Yuma this is a clear sign--even your grandfather showing up is all Takaki's fault because Takaki is targeting you! I guess on the Kaede scale, Yuma's nowhere near crazy, but she still seems to be looking for a fight.

Yuma eventually opens up a little to Takaki, telling him she promised her grandfather she'd take over his business when she grew up, but now she resents it because it feels like someone else is deciding her future for her. Plus she has to take Economics class after school, which is enough to piss anyone off. Takaki gives her some good, if a little obvious, advice to be honest about her feelings, and she leaves feeling a little better, even after getting spanked by Takaki in air hockey.

I like how Manaka got some air time too, and they show some of Manaka and Yuma's friendship--like the original To Heart, it's not ALL about the male lead (which is good, since the male lead is Takaki). In some other harem shows the girls all live to become the male lead's bride and don't seem to have any lives or friends outside of that goal, but in To Heart and To Heart 2 they seem to have a little more depth of character. Overall, I liked this episode, looks like Karin is up next and then, finally, Ruuko.

If you want to find out more about To Heart 2, bluemist's blog has some amazingly thorough walkthroughs of the girls' scenarios from the game.

1 comment:

Brenda Sue said...

My Bicycle Tour In VermontSeveral years ago, a friend took me on a bicycle tour in the Sonoma Valley. Ever since that trip, I have been hooked on the idea of active vacationing. I save money every year specifically earmarked for a bicycle tour.Last year, I chose to do my yearly excursion to Vermont. I found a company that specialized in bicycle tours of the villages in Southeast Vermont. I am so glad that I chose this trip. I think that it exceeded my every expectation and was quite possibly the best cycling experience that Ive ever had.Bicycle tours are really great only if the support team is helpful and courteous. The scenery will fade away if the breakfast is bad or the beds are lumpy. It is a lot of work to cycle around to see sights instead of driving around to see them in a rental car. After this bicycle tour, I will recommend the company that ran it to anyone.I think that Vermont may be the prettiest state Ive ever visited. While I was on my bicycle tour, I saw so many lovely villages. There were white churches and picket fences. I saw a brick federalist mansion that took my breath away. I stopped to shop at several craft shops and even a general store.I somehow felt connected to a past I wasnt a part of. There were people sitting on their front porches waving as our bicycle tour pedaled by. I was most surprised by the excellent accommodations that we were provided. We stayed two nights at the Kedron Valley Inn. That inn is 168 years old and has been selected by travel writers as one of the top ten inns in America.The next inn that we stayed at was considerably newer and had a few more amenities than the Kedron Valley Inn. I enjoyed the proprietors so much. They sat on the porch with us after sundown and told stories about various people that had stayed there over the years. I think I could have listened to them for hours, but I was tired from the days riding on the bicycle tour and turned in early.To learn more about everything bicycles vist my site at: BrensMartUSA Bicycles Have a geat day and stay healthy!Brenda Sue