Monday, May 01, 2006

Yoake Mae Yori Ruri Iro Na


Just when you thought Utawareumono was a long name for an anime series, according to AnimeNation News, Yoake Mae Yori Ruri Iro Na is going to follow the well worn game-to-anime path and become an anime series. Yoake is a game from AugustSoft, and that's about all I know about it, other than the character designs look just like Hanihani's (which is a plus in my book) and there's a princess of some sort involved, although the setting is a typical high school.

Why do I care Yoake is getting animated? Well, while the character designs in Hanihani anime didn't look quite as good as the game's, it had an interesting cast of characters, and while the plot twist near the end of Hanihani was a little "out there", I can say for sure it wasn't boring. So I'm hoping with Yoake they can pull this off again, and with a good cast and a unique story it could be a solid anime series. We'll see...there's no website for the Yoake anime yet, although you can see the game's homepage here, and download the promo video for the game here, which is where I took the screenshots from.

3 comments:

Stripey said...

Woot! This day has finally come! I'm a real fan of AugustSoft's character designs. Loved the HaniHani girls even though the series didn't deliver (a shame really). Hoping Yoake gets the full anime treatment.

Anonymous said...

That's really good news. I was hoping that more AugustSoft games would get their spotlights, after Hanihani and Princess Holiday.

*crosses fingers for a cool techno-pop OP*

suguru said...

I hope it gets full-length episodes at least, I think Hanihani suffered a little from being too short with the 12- or 13-minute eps...this should be good though, hopefully it'll air by the end of the year.