Friday, December 19, 2008

Keroro Gunsou vol. 16

I don't read a whole lot of manga--but the one volume I buy every few months without fail is Keroro Gunsou, which Tokyopop is cranking out in the US. It's the insanely addictive story of an inept band of invading frogs and their schemes to conquer the Earth, while living with the Hinata family and getting stuck doing their household chores as a form of rent, and every one of the sixteen volumes of the manga has made me laugh out loud at least once. It's pure comedy gold--granted, no individual taste varies more than what you think is funny, but if you haven't checked it out, I'd highly recommend it.

I picked up volume 16 of the manga a couple days ago, and unfortunately found that this is the only panel Alisa Southern-cross appears in:

Why no more screentime for Alisa? I have to admit, I want to see Alisa x Fuyuki--I know this is a comedy manga, not a school love-com but I can't help it. Maybe I'm more of a sucker for twintails than I thought, I don't know, but Alisa's a great character, hopefully next volume she gets some more time in the spotlight...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jarlath said...

I think the best story in here was when Oka Nishizawa met Aki Hinata. :D That was GREAT.

suguru said...

True, that was a great chapter--this is just a series that always manages to make me laugh...