Thursday, January 15, 2009

Random Thoughts: Minami-ke Okaeri

The first episode of the third season of Minami-ke was good, but the
second had a few really classic moments, especially Devil Chiaki and
Curry Fairy Hosaka. For someone who has made absolutely zero progress
in even speaking to Haruka, the object of his affections, Hosaka sure
spends a *lot* of time thinking about her and drifting off into
delusion-land.

It's kind of hard to place why I like Minami-ke so much--the animation
quality is so-so (to me, at least, not as good as the first season,
which Doumu animated), there's no real overarching plot, and there
have been zero established couples formed so you could argue it's
lacking in the romance category too, but somehow this is the winter
series I was looking forward to the most. I think what really makes
it shine for me is the cast--like Toradora's cast, it's just a group
of people that I'm genuinely glad to see each week, and I think I
could watch 108 seasons of the Minami sisters and their friends
without getting tired of them. Nothing is more subjective than what's
funny, but Minami-ke always puts a smile on my face too, and I think
that's a good enough reason to look forward to more.

It's a great cast overall, but my favorite character is definitely
Chiaki--the Angel/Devil Chiaki faceoff was great, and later in episode
2 I love how she got the Curry Song stuck in her head...

3 comments:

Catalina said...

I have to say I agree. I actually realized a while ago that I could watch the series practically forever because the characters have gotten entrenched in my mind. That is, I'll put up anything in the series just to find out what happens to the characters. They're like old friends or celebrities or something. And that's the secret.

suguru said...

That's a good way to put it - it really is like the characters are like old friends at this point, it makes it fun to watch...

اغانى said...

مبروك