Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Hard to Believe, Yes Way, Reappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi

Wow. Just....wow. Another season of Haruhi - strangely enough,
looking outside, I don't see mushroom clouds or burning pitch falling
from the sky on the Damned, but I've got to think it's coming. Yes,
there have been enough false starts that I was convinced the world
would end before we'd see a second season of Haruhi, but apparently
I'm wrong - as every anime blog on Earth is reporting, they slipped a
new episode, "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody", in with a re-airing of the first
season, with more new episodes to come. It's been so long that maybe
they felt they needed a stunt like this to try to rekindle what's left
of the fanbase, but airing more Haruhi without much advance warning is
an interesting marketing move - I'd expected they would announce the
date for the new season a year in advance and build mad crazy hype all
along the way. Since I loved the first season, I'll definitely be
watching this - I think I can hear the roar of a thousand fansub
groups starting their engines in unison now...

No comments: