Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Amagami

I'm starting to lose hope on Amagami - I guess I was hoping for another Kimikiss, but the weird fetish stuff is starting to give me the creeps. I mean, if you like kissing back of knees or bellybuttons that's no skin off my back, but somehow seeing it in anime makes me cringe, kind of like that scene in Swingers where the guy calls the girl and leaves a dozen rambling messages. It's a pity because I really want to like this - the characters are interesting, the male lead at least isn't indecisive (thanks to the "each girl gets the win" format with six separate story arcs), and normally I can't get enough of the romance/comedy/school life genre. The song from the OP even gets stuck in my head. Maybe I need to just fast-forward every time the main character's alone somewhere with the girl and they start blushing.

Also, not sure if he coined the phrase, but Kurogane calling Kaoru "sexhair" cracks me up somehow...

3 comments:

steelbound said...

I think Amagami is trying to develop a niche for itself by creating fans of kissing the back of knees, bellybuttons, etc. of girls (much like I think Mugi in K-On is an attempt to make us like thick eyebrows) because the creators know Amagami is a good show but can't compete with best shows in this genre.

On a related note, did you ever have a chance to catch B Gata H Kei? It was one of the best romance/comedy/school life genre shows in recent memory.

Author said...

I'm sure it's not Kuro's term. I saw all kinds of people using it. Evirus for one. Probably some forum came up with it.

suguru said...

@steelbound: Yes, I did, B Gata H Kei was a lot of fun to watch, I'm hoping someday we get another season of it.

@Author: probably true...should have clarified it's just the first place I saw the term