Friday, August 20, 2010

AstroNerdBoy Blogging Urusei Yatsura

I've got to say I'm impressed - AstroNerdBoy is blogging all of Urusei Yatsura, and is all the way up to episode 138 no less. If I remember right there's 190+ episodes, plus six movies, and a ton of OVAs, so this is the anime blogger equivalent of climbing Mt. Everest. I haven't watched any of the classics in a while, makes me feel like going and finding my old UY DVDs. I have a soft spot for Urusei Yatsura since it's the first anime series I watched as an adult - I'd imagine a lot of people get introduced to anime by their friends, but in my case I was flipping channels one day 12 years or so ago and came across UY on PBS of all places. That was all it took to get me hooked for life.

2 comments:

AstroNerdBoy said...

It has taken me WAY too long to get these watched, but then there's always this or that which ended up putting off UY watching to one degree or other. ^_^;

Which reminds me, I still have a ton of images to fix on my blog.

suguru said...

It took me years to watch it all the way through too, although part of that was the pace Animeigo was coming out with the DVDs was pretty much glacial. Definitely a classic anime series.