Thursday, August 26, 2010

Seitokai Yakuindomo

Best. Scene. Ever.

Through the first eight episodes, this might just be my favorite series of the season - although nothing's more subjective than comedy, so I'm sure plenty of people would disagree. I think what makes this work for me is above all a cast that's fun to watch - yeah, a lot of it is Shiho and/or Aria making some raunchy comment and Tsuda being the tsukkomi character, but I'm a sucker for that routine and they haven't run out of jokes that amuse me yet. With just a 12-13 episode run, I'm optimistic it won't get old either. I doubt we'll see a serious episode of this, since it's pretty much all done for laughs, but there are a couple moments that are cute (for lack of a better word coming to mind), thinking of a couple of the scenes with Tsuda and Suzu in particular.

If I had to pick a favorite so far, I'd go with episode 3 - Suzu swearing in English, the infamous Nara deer, and Hata at her finest. How the hell she got a Stedicam into the onsen is beyond me, but it clearly shows her resourcefulness...

1 comment:

The Tickle Phantom said...

Sounds like an interesting anime that'll have to look for. I might consider it for a review myself in the future, thanks for showing me a funny comedy anime.

Now if i may, a shameless plug:

http://lairoftheticklephantom.blogspot.com/

A site of reviews, rats and random stuff that nobody in their right mind would ever care about!