Saturday, July 28, 2012

Kokoro Connect Four: Did you really have to go there?


Maybe it's a sign I need to stop blogging, because after praising Kokoro Connect to the heavens last week, this week's episode had me looking at the clock for when the madness would stop.  Taishi...wow.  I guess you could say he has guts, but how his statement was involved in "solving" the "problem" of the week...seriously?

What bothered me about Kokoro Connect's fourth episode is hard to pin down, but I have a gut feeling after watching it, that it's taking a turn into emo-land that I really don't want to follow it along for the ride on.  Between episode three and four it seems bent on turning into "girls  have problems that Taishi easily fixes and they fall for him" which...is OK, I guess, but kind of a lame story.  Honestly, at this point I'd much rather watch "three girls and two guys sing and sometimes play badminton", which is growing on me despite having no serious plot at all.

On an unrelated note, "Oda Nobuna no Yabou", which I had zero hope for, turned out to be surprisingly entertaining, and "Binbougami ga!" is giving me the Gintama-style humor fix that I didn't even realize I'd been missing since Gintama itself went off the air.  Any season with Chichiko in it really can't be called a bad one, and if Asuna ever gets any more screentime, I have hopes for Sword Art Online too.  Tari Tari may not have any Earth-shattering drama, but it's geniunely more fun for me to watch the more it goes on, which is a good sign too.  I think Wien bought his Japan guide book from Monty Python though.

1 comment:

Anime Bounds said...

Agree with your opinion. :)